#1 [↑][↓]  08-03-2011 07:35:53

flighty
Pilote Virtuel
Membre donateur
Lieu: Edmonton CYEG, Alberta, Canada
Renommée :   25 

[FS9] Cherche Aeroport de Keflavik BIKF de Iceland

Salut,

Comme dit dans le titre, quelqu'un aurait trouvé par hasard sur le net la scène de Keflavik? Je la cherche désespérément depuis quelques semaines mais en vain. J'ai lu sur le forum d'Aerosoft qu'il y aurait une possibilité de sortie de cette scène pour FS9 et FSX.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:57 AM
There will be approx. 40 airports included in the Iceland X addon (not Keflavik though, that will come as an extra addon for FS9 and FSX as described before), some very detailed, others not so much.

Now let me talk about FS9 vs FSX for one last time in this topic. You will have to listen to this and then consider if it makes any sense to ask for Iceland FS9:

We spent hundreds of hours already on the scenery of Iceland (not counting the airports, just landscape) and I have personally drawn millions of vertices to define the coastlines (more than 5000km), thousands of lakes and rivers, more than 10,000km of roads, glaciers, mountains, villages and lots more. FSX does not mind those millions of vectors at all, but if I would try to feed them to FS9 it would ask me: "wtf?!" - or rather it would not ask but simply crash, because it would've too much trouble calculating all those vectors to find any ressource for talking to me...

You see that I write this as a developer, not a product manager or salesman. It's how I experience FS since I began developing stuff for FS4. You have always have to cope with current limitations, and when it comes to terrain FS9 simply is way behind FSX.
You might argue whatever you like, there is no way FS9 could handle the amount of data neccessary to make Iceland look like Iceland.
I see that a lot of users still use FS9, mostly because of performance reasons and mostly for the big aircraft and airports if I'm not mistaken.
Iceland is for VFR pilots, for those who want to have the visual experience, and I might not be mistaken guessing that most of them use FSX because it offers much more when it comes to visuals. As long as performence is good, that is.
Now we all know that the biggest performance killers are densely populated areas, huge airports, lots of autogen. Iceland has nothing of that. Even though I get to the limits of what terrain compilers can handle I have maximum fps all around Iceland (apart from BIRK/BIKF area of course), so you will be able to experience Iceland X with max'ed settings even on slower PCs.

For those of you still loving FS9 we will release Iceland's major airport Keflavik as FSX and FS9 versions. There are some nicely done freeware addons for Iceland FS9 (landclass, mesh,...) that will help you enhance Iceland in FS9, but don't expect to ever see anything like you will get with FSX Iceland X in your FS9: it's simply impossible.

Now I think you might have an idea of how FS9 and FSX work and why we do certain things and don't do other things. .

Merci d'avance.

http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/img/members/32/vatsim-Sig.jpg

#2 [↑][↓]  08-03-2011 09:19:57

ChD
Copilote
Lieu: proche LFPN

Re: [FS9] Cherche Aeroport de Keflavik BIKF de Iceland

Christophe

#3 [↑][↓]  08-03-2011 15:20:53

flighty
Pilote Virtuel
Membre donateur
Lieu: Edmonton CYEG, Alberta, Canada
Renommée :   25 

Re: [FS9] Cherche Aeroport de Keflavik BIKF de Iceland

ChD a écrit:

Hello,

Ceci peut-être ?
http://www.library.avsim.net/viewdownload.php?id=155677

Merci mon frère. Je ne savais pas que Avsim a un nouveau look. C'est super beau et pratique. J'installerai volontier cette scène de Keflavik qui est reputé pour son vent de travers comme Narita à Tokyo. l'A380 a été testé à Keflavik pour une approche en crabbe à un vent de 50 knots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdi-hnFrmag

Salut!

http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/img/members/32/vatsim-Sig.jpg

Pied de page des forums

Maintenance informatique Lausanne